Join Alex for another episode of Travels with Torpey – reflecting on a trip through the Irish countryside in 2014.
— In 2014, after taking a bus from Belfast down to Dublin, I rented a car and drove across the country. I reflect on some of my experiences, including sharing some photos of the beautiful Irish countryside, what happened while trying to get dinner on a Sunday night in a small town, and my discussions with folks I met about some rural economic issues that we also share in the US.
Have you traveled in Ireland? Let me know your experiences in the comments or by email or social. You can check out the full podcast/series on YouTube or wherever you listen to ‘casts: Apple, Google, Spotify, Stitcher, etc. Look out for more “Travels with Torpey” episodes soon!
Episode Notes & and additional info:
- Book: American Nations
- Books: By Yuval Noah Harrari
- Homo Deus: https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/31138556-homo-deus
- 21 Lessons for the 21st Century: https://www.ynharari.com/book/21-lessons-book/
- Ireland’s high-tech business development:
- Example of Ireland’s rural economic challenges
- Cliffs of Moher
- Not the exact same listing, but this where I rented a section of the house in 2014: https://www.airbnb.com/rooms/326243